Strategic Business Development Manager
Vacature: Strategic Business Development Manager -
Our customer is the number 1 in the world of sorting machines and applications (Cloud sensor and software solutions). They support the most important and largest vegetable, fruit and nut producers worldwide with sorting solutions. Due to the growth of a colleague, we are looking for a Strategic Business Development Manager for the head office in Leuven.
- As a Strategy manager, you will be responsible for the development and oversight of the business’s corporate strategies in order to support growth objectives while strengthening the business core to gain a sustainable competitive advantage.
- You will play a key role in strategy formulation, collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders, and lead cross-functional teams in the development of business-wide operational strategies.
- As a Business Development manager, you will explore (new) market segments/applications, customer needs and emerging trends, prioritize and conclude full market assessment and fit.
- You will lead the validation of the selected new market segments/applications until full-roll out to the sales organization and official launch in the industry.
- You will further recommend new products and services, propose and develop new strategic partnerships, write proposals and plans, and guide long-term objectives to meet business needs and requirements.
- You are not alone. You send a team of direct reports from 4 people, some of whom are located in Belgium, and the others in China and Germany.
- Master in Business Management/Business Administration & Economics with focus on Strategic Management, Innovation Management & Business Development, preferably with strong technical background
- Work experience in Market Research, Business Development & Strategy Review, Technical Sales, Sales of investment goods, B2B
- Excellent listening, communication, analytical and evaluation skills
- Sales and number crunching experience
- Detail oriented, technically skilled and passionate
- Can manage and reach tough deadlines
- Works in an excellent & professional way with the other departments (Sales, Marketing, Product Management, R&D, …)
- Used to work with external service providers and consultants
- Is diplomatic but goal oriented
- You have experience with managing a small team (4 direct reports)
- Is an ambassador for the company, both internal as external and embodies the Values: Responsibility, Passion & Innovation
- Is willing to travel abroad on a global scale to further collect, enhance and check information(Living in Belgium!)
- Customer focus, result driven and team worker
- Multilingual: English, Spanish, Dutch, French, …
- Excellent in BI Tool, MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
The company offers exciting and challenging positions within a growing international organization. We strive to attract and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulate personal growth and self-development. We offer an extensive salary package, including many additional legal benefits.